Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
02-11-2017, 07:25 AM,
Hello
Here's some info on me, i'm a left libertarian who is conservative and a capitalist. Whether you know it or not, so are most of you and so is most of america. I live in ohio. I voted for clinton in 1992 because i was dumb and never voted before, that was the last time i ever voted for a democrat. Had nader won in 2000 we would be looking at a completely different country right now. I've supported the greens for a long time, watched all the debates and promoted you whenever i could. I've never registered with a political party.
02-13-2017, 02:01 PM,
RE: Hello
Hello, Mythic, and welcome.

I confess to no understanding of the positions and politics of a "left libertarian" but that is certainly not a denigration of your politics, only a confession of ignorance on my part. Perhaps, if you care to do so, you might elucidate upon what parts of libertarian politics you reject and which you accept?
"We see things, not as they are, but as we are."
Anais Nin
02-13-2017, 02:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2017, 03:23 PM by Mythic.)
RE: Hello
Well, if you look at the political compass, i'm like a degree or so away from jill steins position. Left libertarians want to maximize freedom for everyone, not just property and wealth owners. I'm sure there are slightly different views on how to do that.

hxxps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-libertarianism

Replace xx with tt. What my position boils down to is a more egalitarian form of capitalism by today's standards, but is really just proper capitalism imo. Classical liberals would be considered left libertarians. I probably lean more toward the georgist types, agreeing with paine that citizens deserve compensation for allowing society to exist on common property.